Mike

Yahoo! Avatars

Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Thing 2 - What is Web 2.0 and Why Should I Care?

Finding time is always a challenge. Mostly I am experimenting at home during some spare time there. I imagine that if a tool were identified and used with enough frequency it would become second nature.

I am not sure that I will ever find the time or have the desire to blog to the extent that some people do. I guess you gotta love it to do it.

Hopefully, this program will expose me to the various tools available and possible applicaitons within the library.

I do have some reservations installing some of the software used in the program. One of my responsibilities is to ensure the integrity and efficient operations of our library systems. Some may say that I am paranoid. Perhaps but we did allow a test installation of a software package for one of our children's librarians. It was a disaster and we ended up re-imaging the computer.

While these tools are very interesting we can't completely ignore the security and operational requirements that keep our libraries running.

I WILL be cautious!!!

1 comment:

DogMom Librarian said...

Hey Mike (I think you're our Mike): Throw caution to the wind for once and just experiment! Have fun! (Just kidding) Mary

P.S. I don't like registering for all these sites, either. I'm kind of private about sharing info and passwords all over.